The Courtyard at Cascades Memory Support Neighborhood is a secure and comfortable environment designed to promote a sense of familiarity, dignity and belonging. Residents living with memory loss and dementia have the opportunity to move through their day with purpose.
Getting around is easy thanks to simple floorplans and visual cues that keep residents oriented. The intentionally designed and landscaped courtyard gives residents safe access to the outdoors where they can take a stroll or relax under a shady canopy. The entire Memory Support Neighborhood is self-contained and secure without feeling confined.
The Courtyard Club dining room is open all day and because nutrition can be a challenge for those with memory deficits, we also feature our unique Flavor Flex Dining program as well as closely monitor food intake.
Our certified care team is dedicated to helping people living with memory loss. They are well versed in the latest memory support techniques and receive ongoing education throughout their time with us. While we excel at caring for those who have dementia, we are equally committed to educating family members and guiding them through the journey as well.
The community features private studios complete with kitchenettes and private baths. To maintain familiarity and dignity, couples can stay together in a suite, or if the couple has differing needs, a spouse can stay in our Independent and Assisted Living area on the same campus with the freedom to visit their loved one at any time.
Memory Support amenities and services include:
- Private residences for singles
- Couples suites
- Secured, residential environment
- Utilities (except phone and cable)
- Weekly housekeeping with daily touch ups
- Carpet and furniture cleaning as needed
- Personal and flat linen laundry service as often as needed
- Three meals daily, plus snacks in the Courtyard Club dining room
- 24-hour staffing and licensed nurses on staff
- Specially designed common areas and outdoor courtyard with walking path
- Family activity areas
- Family Support Group
- Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
- Medication management
- Residential and special care services to meet the changing needs of each resident
- An environment designed to encourage and support resident independence
- Follow-up evaluation and transition support back to the community following hospitalization and/or rehab
- Daily personalized activities that maximize independence while focusing on individual strengths and abilities including supervised outings and social, cultural and recreational programs